Hello, everyone! Welcome to Brian Unboxed. Today, we have an exciting product to review – the Inokim OXO electric scooter.
The Inokim OXO is a powerful and stylish e-scooter that combines robust construction with impressive performance. With dual 1000-watt motors, hydraulic disc brakes, and front and rear suspension, it offers a smooth and thrilling ride.
Its aviation-grade aluminum alloy frame ensures durability, while the 10-inch pneumatic tires provide comfort and stability. The intuitive LCD display, adjustable speed settings, and dual motor mode make it versatile for various riding styles. Whether you’re commuting or exploring, the Inokim OXO delivers an exceptional electric scooter experience.
The price of $1999 for the Inokim OXO electric scooter reflects a significant investment.
The Inokim OXO is a powerful and versatile electric scooter that has been making waves in the world of personal mobility. In this review, we’ll take a closer look at its features, performance, and what sets it apart from the competition.
|Material||Aircraft grade aluminum alloy|
|Engine||Dual 1000 W|
|Top speed||65 km/h|
|Tires||10" inflatable tires|
|Brakes||Front and rear hydraulic disc brakes|
|Redlights||Integrated LED lights|
|Battery||Lithium-ion, 57.6 V, 25.6 Ah|
Unboxing and Assembly
When you eagerly await the arrival of your Inokim OXO electric scooter, you can expect a well-packaged and thoughtfully designed delivery experience. Inokim understands the importance of a smooth unboxing process, ensuring that your scooter arrives safely and is ready for you to hit the streets without much hassle.
Packaging: As you receive your Inokim OXO, you’ll notice that it comes in a sturdy double box. This outer box provides an additional layer of protection during transit, ensuring your scooter reaches you in pristine condition. Inside the box, you’ll find ample foam padding, securing your scooter against any bumps or jolts it might encounter on its journey to your doorstep.
Upon opening the box, you’ll discover a comprehensive set of accessories and components that come with your Inokim OXO. These include:
- User Manual: A detailed guide that provides you with essential information on how to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot your scooter.
- Toolkit: Inokim includes a toolkit to assist you in the assembly process and any future maintenance tasks. It contains the necessary tools to help you get started.
- Charger: The charger is included to ensure you can keep your scooter’s battery charged and ready for your rides.
- Rear Fender: The rear fender is a vital component for safety and helps keep debris from being thrown up while riding.
- Scooter Bag: The scooter bag is a handy accessory that allows you to carry your essentials or groceries while riding your Inokim OXO.
- Suspension Adapters: These adapters provide flexibility for adjusting the suspension of your scooter to match your preferred riding style and conditions.
The assembly process for the Inokim OXO is designed to be straightforward and user-friendly. Here’s a quick overview of the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Unfolding and Locking the Stem: Begin by carefully unfolding the scooter stem until it locks into place securely. This step is crucial for the stability and safety of your scooter.
- Attaching the Handlebars: With the stem securely locked, attach the handlebars to the scooter’s stem. Make sure they are aligned correctly, and then use the provided tools to tighten the handlebars in place.
- Attaching the Rear Fender: The rear fender is essential for safety and aesthetics. Attach it to the rear of the scooter, ensuring a snug fit.
- Adjusting Display and Brake Levers: Depending on your comfort and riding style, you may need to adjust the angles of the display and brake levers. This step ensures that you have easy access to the controls while riding.
Design and Build Quality
The Inokim OXO electric scooter boasts a combination of thoughtful design and robust build quality, making it a standout choice in the world of electric mobility.
The OXO is crafted from aviation-grade aluminum alloy. This choice of material not only ensures durability but also keeps the scooter relatively lightweight despite its powerful features.
The scooter features impressive 10-inch pneumatic tires. These tires provide a smooth and comfortable ride, absorbing shocks and bumps from uneven terrain, while also offering excellent traction for improved stability.
Both the front and rear wheels are equipped with hydraulic disc brakes, providing responsive and efficient stopping power. This ensures rider safety, especially at higher speeds or on steep descents.
The Inokim is designed with integrated deck lights on both the front and rear. These lights enhance visibility, making your rides safer in low-light conditions or at night.
The scooter features front and rear suspensions, which contribute to a more comfortable ride by dampening vibrations and reducing the impact of uneven surfaces. This suspension system is particularly beneficial for longer rides.
The Inokim OXO is equipped with a robust 1000-watt rear motor and an additional 1000-watt front motor. This dual-motor configuration provides impressive acceleration and climbing capabilities, ensuring that you can tackle various terrains with ease.
Despite its sturdy build, the scooter weighs in at 74 pounds, which is manageable for most users when it comes to transportation or storage. It has an impressive maximum load capacity of 265 pounds, accommodating a wide range of riders.
With an IPX4 water-resistant rating, the Inokim OXO can withstand light rain and splashes, making it suitable for riding in various weather conditions.
Folding and unfolding the Inokim OXO is relatively simple. To fold, you loosen the safety strap, then loosen the front knob and pull down the lever. This action allows the stem to fold and lock into place at the back. Although it’s a bit heavy, it’s designed for easy transport. To unfold, simply reverse the process, unhook it from the back, screw everything together, and reattach the safety strap.
So, the Inokim OXO combines a robust build with an attention to detail in its design. It’s a versatile electric scooter suitable for various riding conditions, offering comfort, safety, and convenience to riders while maintaining an aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Handlebar and Controls
Getting your OXO electric scooter up and running is a straightforward process, thanks to its user-friendly control panel and intuitive interface.
- Display and Power Button:
- Locate the display on the right side of the handlebar. The display is compact but informative.
- Press the power button to turn on the scooter. You’ll notice the display light up, indicating that the scooter is now powered and ready for use.
- Speed Settings:
- Use the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons on the display to adjust the speed settings. There are three modes available: Mode 1, Mode 2, and Mode 3, with Mode 3 typically offering the highest speed.
- Pressing the plus button will increase the speed setting, while pressing the minus button will decrease it. Choose the mode that suits your riding preference and conditions.
- Display Information:
- After turning on the scooter, pressing the power button again will cycle through various display information, including:
- Odometer: Displays the total distance traveled.
- Trip: Shows the distance covered during the current ride.
- Voltage: Indicates the voltage level of the scooter’s battery.
- Activating Lights:
- Hold down the plus button for a few seconds to activate the lights. This is essential for enhancing visibility during low-light conditions or nighttime riding.
- The display itself is backlit, making it easy to read in various lighting environments.
- On the front of the scooter, just below the deck, you’ll find two front lights, further improving visibility.
- There’s also a rear light on the right side of the scooter, which not only adds to your visibility but also flashes when you apply the brakes, alerting others to your slowing down or stopping.
- Single and Dual Motor Mode:
- On the left side of the handlebar, you’ll find a button that allows you to switch between single motor and dual motor mode.
- Single motor mode is generally used for conserving battery and achieving a more moderate speed.
- Dual motor mode engages both the front and rear motors, providing maximum power and acceleration for more demanding riding situations.
The Inokim OXO features a powerful and efficient dual-motor system that delivers an exhilarating riding experience. With a 1000-watt brushless gearless motor in the front wheel and another 1000-watt motor in the rear wheel, this electric scooter provides impressive acceleration and torque. These motors are designed to operate quietly and smoothly, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable ride.
The Inokim OXO is capable of reaching a top speed of 40.3 miles per hour (approximately 65 kilometers per hour), making it one of the fastest electric scooters in its class. Whether you need to quickly cover long distances or simply enjoy the thrill of high-speed riding, this scooter has you covered.
Additionally, the Inokim OXO offers three distinct riding modes to cater to a variety of preferences and riding conditions:
- Eco Mode: In this mode, the scooter conserves energy and provides a more relaxed riding experience. It’s ideal for longer commutes where maximizing battery life is a priority.
- Standard Mode: This mode offers a balanced blend of performance and energy efficiency. It’s suitable for everyday commuting and provides a good balance between speed and battery conservation.
- Turbo Mode: For those looking for an adrenaline rush, Turbo Mode unleashes the full power of both motors, delivering exhilarating acceleration and top speed. It’s perfect for when you want to experience the full capabilities of the Inokim OXO.
Inokim OXO: Driving Test
Now, I’m going to provide my thoughts on the Inokim OXO after conducting various tests and experiencing its performance firsthand.
Firstly, during the rough terrain test, the scooter showcased its capability to handle uneven surfaces and gravel with ease. The front and rear suspensions effectively absorbed the bumps, providing a comfortable and stable ride. This demonstrates that the Inokim OXO is not just designed for smooth city streets; it can also handle off-road adventures and rough terrain, making it a versatile choice for riders who want to explore different environments.
Next, the speed test revealed the scooter’s impressive acceleration and top speeds across its three different modes. In single motor mode, it offered a smooth and gradual acceleration, ideal for conserving battery and leisurely rides. Transitioning to dual motor mode, the Inokim OXO unleashed its full power, reaching a thrilling 38 miles per hour on mode three. The acceleration was noticeable, and it felt exhilarating to ride in this mode.
When it came to braking, the scooter performed admirably. The brakes were responsive, allowing for a controlled and safe slowdown from higher speeds. This feature is essential for rider safety, especially when riding at the scooter’s top speed.
During the uphill test, the Inokim OXO showcased its remarkable climbing ability. It maintained a steady speed while ascending a moderate incline, even gaining speed as it went uphill. This impressive performance means that riders can confidently tackle hilly terrain without worrying about losing speed or power.
Lastly, the downhill test demonstrated the scooter’s stability and smooth ride. It handled the descent with ease, and the stability of the stem and handlebars ensured a safe journey. The absence of rattles or vibrations adds to the overall comfort of the ride.
So, the Inokim OXO is a high-performance electric scooter that excels in various riding conditions. It offers versatility with its multiple speed modes, handles rough terrain effectively, boasts powerful acceleration, and maintains stability during uphill and downhill rides. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker or a daily commuter, the Inokim OXO offers a thrilling and reliable riding experience that can adapt to your needs and preferences.
Battery and Range
The Inokim OXO is equipped with a robust 56-volt, 20-ampere-hour (Ah) battery, which plays a crucial role in powering the scooter’s performance. This high-capacity battery ensures that you can enjoy extended rides without the need for frequent recharges.
When it comes to charging, the Inokim OXO offers convenient options for riders. With a three-hour charge, you can replenish the battery to about 70 percent of its total capacity. This is especially handy for those times when you need a quick charge to get back on the road. A 70 percent charge can provide substantial mileage, making it suitable for shorter commutes and spur-of-the-moment rides.
For a full charge, the Inokim requires approximately 13.5 hours. This means that you can plug it in overnight or during your downtime to ensure the battery is completely replenished. This long-lasting charge ensures that you can take on more extended journeys without worrying about running out of power mid-ride.
With a fully charged battery, the OXO offers an impressive 68-mile range. This substantial range means you can cover significant distances on a single charge, making it an excellent choice for longer commutes, leisurely rides, or even day-long adventures without the constant need to recharge.
Here are my thoughts on the Inokim OXO e-scooter. The assembly process is straightforward, and you can get the scooter up and running quickly. The user manual provides clear instructions, making it easy to put together.
The scooter feels solid and well-built, with a substantial weight of approximately 74 pounds. It gives you a sense of durability and sturdiness. The wide deck offers plenty of room for comfortable standing. The tires have a good tread pattern, ensuring reliable traction.
Cable management is decent, but tighter cable organization on the sides or hidden cables could have been a nice touch for a cleaner look. The front and rear lights on the deck are a nice addition, enhancing safety during rides. The rear fender is practical, and the scooter’s paint job stands out, making it visually appealing.
With two 1000-watt motors, the scooter delivers ample power. It handles inclines well, maintaining speed without noticeable loss, and there’s power to spare. The ability to switch between single and dual motor modes is a great feature for adjusting power based on terrain or comfort. During the speed test, the scooter was able to reach the advertised top speed of 40 miles per hour. It boasts an impressive range of 68 miles, though the actual range will depend on factors like speed mode, rider weight, and terrain.
The brakes are strong and responsive, bringing the scooter to a complete stop with no issues. Rough surfaces are not a problem thanks to the front and rear suspensions, which effectively absorb bumps. There’s also a bit of bounce on the deck, adding to the overall comfort of the ride.
So, the Inokim OXO is a capable electric scooter that provides a thrilling and reliable riding experience. If you appreciate power and a comfortable ride, this scooter is worth considering for your daily commute or leisurely adventures.